Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Rough Start

There's an SNL sketch that I saw a long time ago that made fun of High School Musical. It had Troy Bolton come back to East High School and address the students after his first year of college. He says about his first day, "I was nervous and excited, so I started singing a song called 'nervous and excited' and everyone just stared at me. There was no, choreograph. Nothing!" Yesterday I was nervous and excited as my family dropped me off at the airport. I thought about singing a song called "nervous and excited" but I didn't. What if people stared at me?

My flight last night was cancelled and my flight today has been delayed all morning. Here is a peek into my random thoughts and experiences and lessons:

  • I have amazingly helpful and supportive parents.
  • I really feel for the poor airline employees who get all the anger and frustration dumped on them when all they're trying to do is help.
  • The Office is always helpful when you need to relax and have a laugh.
  • I found a nickel. Now I have a nickel for every time I've gotten stuck in Cleveland on my way to Africa.
  • My new nickel has a Buffalo on it and that makes me miss Kelsey K. 
  • When you get up at 4am you get hungry for lunch at 9:30am.
  • When you are 4 hours and 25 minutes into a delay, the airline gives you $7 for lunch.
  • My sister is brilliant and super encouraging.
  • Once you settle in and expect things to go wrong, it doesn't feel like a huge problem any more. 
  • It is so easy and worth it to smile at the flight attendants, captains, airline agents, and fellow passengers and encourage them or thank them or make a little joke. 
  • Krosley Family Motto: Plans Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment